Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Module 2 homework

This is my first multi-object full value drawing. Around 6 hours worth, did I mention that I draw sloooooow?


Module 3 is all about composition. After reading this weeks goals and assignments I realize I made at least one major boo boo here. It seems the sphere and cube shouldn't line-up like I made them, even though I did it on purpose, it flattens the picture space. OK, guess that's why I'm in school.

I also added a pic of yours truly working on this masterpiece of compositional blunders.

Back to the drawing board!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DON'T RUSH!

It's not a race, except to get it in on time. I take forever to do things; the extra time pays off.

Your basic forms here look pretty good; I think the core shadows could use some more gradual transitions into the halftones. The sphere is the trickiest, but remember that a core shadow on a sphere will not go farther than 180° around - i.e. from 2 to 8 on the clock; it will start on one edge of the sphere, go through its curve, and end exactly on the opposite side.

Keep at it! Remember, "draw what you see, not what you think you see!"