Thursday, November 13, 2008

Module 9, The good, bad and ugly.



A little late posting this time as work and internet issues have intruded on my school work. Lets start with the good.


This weeks photography assignment was to use the "rule of thirds" to make an image. Luckily this also coincided with the purchase of a new 70-300mm zoom lens. I spent about an hour and a half at the park taking pics of the ducks and geese. I'm glad it was digital because I took nearly 100 shots, including this one. It's one of the few shots I've been really satisfied with so far.






On to the bad and ugly, drawing class. I could spend another 10 hours on this for sure and maybe get the shading right. I think proportionally it's good, I did a ton of measuring. But, schools moving fast and I have to get on with the next thing.

Now I'm working on drawing a picture from a photograph. Scaling it up from an 8x10 to around 18x24. Wish me luck, it's Earnest Hemingway with a full beard and knit sweater. Time to sink or swim!