Tuesday, October 21, 2008

End of Module 6

Another week, another pair of homework entries.

First up, we've finally started drawing something that looks like people! Like the drapery study, the first week is the contour and basic light and dark shapes. There's a couple of things to fix form-wise yet, but I think I've got a handle on it. This coming week is all about finesse and gradually bringing the forms out. And I'm jazzed about the grade I received on the drapery, much better than I had expected.

And here is my lovely model, she stayed still the whole time.




Photography this week was all about movement and how to show it by manipulating exposure times. I laid flat on my back on my bedroom floor for an hour taking pic after pic. I experimented with all sorts of shutter speeds and apertures. I settled on using the slow-sync feature on my camera with a long exposure then firing off the flash on my other camera so I could get two sets of blades in the pic.

No comments: